Marketing Fun Facts
With winter now well and truly behind us, we thought we’d have a bit of fun here at Assertive Media and update our research of the fun facts about SEO, Online Marketing and the World Wide Web.
Here are some of the most interesting SEO fun facts and statistics we’ve found:
- For every click on a paid result in Google, there are 11.6 clicks to organic results. SEO is far from dead (Rand Fishkin, SparkToro Blog, Jun 17, 2019)
- Around the world, 167 billion searches are conducted on Google each month. (Danny Sullivan, Third Door Media, Search Engine Land, August 2016).
- Zero-Click Searches make now 49% of all the searches and organic search clicks outnumber paid nearly 12 to 1. (George Nguyen, Search Engine Land, June 19, 2019)
- Google dominates the search engine market, maintaining an 87.35 percent market share as of January 2020. (J. Clement, statista.com, Feb 5, 2020).
- 81% of businesses consider their blogs as an important asset to their business (searchenginejournal).
- According to research, around 30% of all internet users now use ad blockers (Business Insider Intelligence March, 2017).
- The 3 most popular search engines in the world are Google, YouTube and Amazon. YouTube was purchased in 2006 by Google. In 2017 more than half of all online shopping searches began not at Google but at Amazon (bloomreach).
- Google and Facebook take most of our time online. Almost a fifth of young people aged 16 to 24 are so addicted to their smartphones that they spend more than seven hours a day online (Comscore, Ofcom).
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results (imforza.com)
- 50% of search users begin their search with a mobile device and this percentage will only increase (business2community).
Whether you’ve read these facts before, or don’t think they’ll have any effect on your business, hopefully they’ve captured your interest and shown the relevance of SEO nowadays.