Marketing Fun Facts
With summer now well and truly behind us, we thought we’d have a bit of fun here at Assertive Media and do some research into some fun facts about SEO, Online Marketing and the World Wide Web.
Here are some of the most interesting SEO fun facts and statistics we’ve found:
1. The top 5 search results on the SERPs get 75% of user clicks. (hubspot)
2. Around the world, 131 billion searches are conducted on the web each month. (advisorwebsites, Comscore, January 2010).
3. 70% of the links clicked on by search users are actually organic (searchenginejournal).
4. Google owns 65-70% of the search engine market share (km3media).
5. 81% of businesses consider their blogs as an important asset to their business (searchenginejournal).
6. Search and e-mail are the top two internet activities (searchenginejournal).
7. Page titles are the most important on-page element after content (hubspot).
8. 75% of SEO is off-page and 25% is on-page (hubspot).
9. 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results (imforza.com)
10. 50% of search users begin their search with a mobile device and this percentage will only increase (business2community).
Whether you’ve read these facts before, or don’t think they’ll have any effect on your business, hopefully they’ve captured your interest and shown the relevance of SEO nowadays.