On-Page and On Site SEO
Want to discuss SEO?
Call us today on 0845 299 7642 or enquire now to speak to a member of the team.
Assertive Media would carry out initial on-site search engine optimisation which would be a one-time process to ensure the website is fully compliant and using available technologies / features which improve crawlability, index-ability and data structure. The On-Site SEO would cover everything from keyword research and intent analysis through to title reviews, description/title CTR analysis, page semantics, and navigational aspects, header tags, content, internal link anchors, site speed, UX, crawl data and more.
Although SEO is an on-going process, the initial on-site is only required once as it will address all the existing issues / lack of process/items. For future on-site this would be addressed on the fly (i.e. the creation of a new page, the deletion or moving of content).
Some of the key things Assertive Media would address for SEO would include:(Not limited to)
- • Keyword to title and description utilisation
- • Keyword, title and description utilisation to internal and external anchor profile
- • Header tag utilisation
- • Keyword to header semantics
- • Page content profile and independence
- • Page content quality and theme coverage
- • Internal page links and link references
- • Page HTML Code compliance / scripting / content accessibility
- • Page URL length, depth and interconnectivity
- • Page loading speed
- • Page accessibility under different user agents
- • Variable usage and parameter handling
- • Website crawl and directory crawl permissions
- • External linking page content quality and relevance to internal landing page
- • Canonical page properties
- • Link Rel utilisation
- • Duplicate content checks and references
- • Robots.txt configuration / Sitemapping
- • Internal page link volume
- • Duplicate anchor configurations or excessive anchor variants
- • Responsive design compliancy
- • Website overall loading performance for mobiles
What is the purpose of On-Site SEO?
The purpose of the on-site SEO is to
- • Improve user experience
- • Improve user engagement
- • Improve search engines ability to crawl the website
- • Improve search engines ability to index and understand site structure
- • To become / to be an authority
- • To ensure that search engines can interpret and better understand the websites content / services
The results = improved rankings + improved brand authority
- • Make a website for search engines or adjust a website for search engines
- • Over optimise
- • Integrate single keyword instances
- • Encourage any grey/black hat on-site techniques
- • Tailor descriptions / titles / content to be excessively keyword focused
- • Take any on-site shortcuts
- • Improve how search engines crawl and interpret the website
- • Ensure that user experience is at the forefront of our on-site SEO
- • Encourage the use of keyword diversity and semantic relevancy
- • Encourage a longer average time on site / more pages per session
- • Aim to improve click through rates
- • Optimise so that the SEO remains sustainable long-term
- • Encourage conversions by UX improvements / assisted conversions
- • Focus on improving analytics metrics for future Google Machine Learning updates
- • Use competitor data to refine landing pages based on intent
How does the On-Site Process Work?
The process for on-site SEO also includes the initial benchmarking, keyword research, trends analysis and keyword conversion potential.Please note the timeframes below are generic, these vary depending on the client website, size, level of work involved. Please contact us to get a free quote.
STAGE 1: Timeframe: 1-2 DaysBenchmark the website, rankings, domain metrics and conversions / CTA data
STAGE 2: Timeframe: 3-5 DaysReview keywords selected, conduct keyword research and isolate keyword groups and keyword priority (this would involve discussions between Assertive Media and the client). Keywords will be analysed for intent, this will involve looking at each keyword, and understanding the result types that are returned to ensure the landing page/s are a good fit. This is essential as pages with incorrect intent will struggle / fail to rank.
STAGE 3: Timeframe: 1 DayConduct trend and insights analysis on keywords (which keywords are on the upwards trend, which are in decline).
STAGE 4: Timeframe: 10-25 DaysReview the website in full and create an SEO on-site implementation / to do list to resolve each item individually. This will be sent to the client for review, implementation / resolutions can be implemented by Assertive Media or internally (client preference).
STAGE 5: Timeframe: 5-7 DaysOnce on-site SEO elements have been addressed/resolved/optimised, a content review will take place and will check for keyword semantics / relevancy / quality. Assertive Media will review analytics data to understand engagement on key pages throughout the website.
STAGE 6: Timeframe: OngoingContent will be produce or recommendations for new content will be generated, this will assist with the websites content profile and content which can be used for natural link acquisition.
STAGE 7 > Off Site Begins
What about the SEO Focus?
The focus is to make the website (improve the website) light, fast, secure, responsive, easy to use and structured well. Google and other search engines following suit are looking more and more at data metrics which show whether or not a website has fulfilled its purpose, or whether multiple clicks back to the search results have meant that users are unsatisfied / unfulfilled in their search.
A good, clean, concise website which is relevant / an authority is more likely to retain its audience and more likely to satisfy the search needs of the visitor. Our SEO is geared towards user experience and conversions. The focus is to also make sure that newly acquired traffic converts and becomes business.
Some of the key things we include in our primary focus for the client:
- • Are the keywords being targeted returning the right pages?
- • Does the keyword fit the page intent, what kind of websites do the SERPS bring back for the target keyword?
- • Does each page contain enough content? Is it unique? Is it engaging?
- • Can Google clearly identify the websites landing pages and understand their purpose?
- • Would the end user be able to easily engage / convert / sign up?
- • Is the website fast? (Slow broadband connection, 3g / 4g testing)
- • Is the website secure? (Transacting / sign-up) - HTTPS
- • Are the important subjects / tuition subjects available within 1 click of the homepage?
- • Does the menu navigation accommodate the websites services?
- • Is there a CMS? Are there any technical issues that impact on crawling? (Canonicalisation, Duplicate Content, Dynamic URL’s etc.)
- • Are the returned search listing titles and descriptions engaging? Do they look like they belong to an authority resource?
The above are some of the key items for the initial focus. The above items are applicable to both SEO and usability.
How do I get SEO?
Either give us a call or fill out our enquiry form and a member of the team will give you a call to discuss your website and your request.Request a Call Back
The End Results
The result of having a website which fits the criteria of being clean, fast, secure, easy to use, and engaging and an authority on its subject / service include:
- • Ranking improvements for ALL pages not just the homepage
- • The correct page will be returned for the applicable query / keyword
- • Subpages will out-rank root domains
- • Website traffic will increase
- • Metrics for the domain will increase (both for analytics and other platforms)
- • There will be an increase in enquiries / sign-ups
Being Sustainable:Assertive Media works on a sustainable SEO platform for clients to ensure long term success. SEO is not an overnight process and is not a process where shortcuts will provide long-term results.
Quality, relevance and servicing the needs of the target audience are what we would like to drive the client towards.
None of our clients have ever been subjected to any impacts from Google algorithm updates from Panda to Penguin, Hummingbird to Farmer, every single update has left our clients in an even better position.
Assertive Media also focuses on using the latest available technologies / processes to further enhance a website and its data structure. This includes the implementation of Schema, which, is regularly overlooked and has not been used by many marketplace competitors.
What documentation will you get?
When Assertive Media works on any on-site / on-page SEO campaign, documentation is generated to show the work undertaken / the work to be undertaken so that the client is fully aware of what is happening and why it is happening.