Businesses in retail eCom sector compete at product/product category level – let’s say Women’s Shoes.
So, we have sites (highly competing) in a highly competitive space.
The top organic spots are held by big brands – many of which are on high authority domains.
So a purchase intent search.
What factors do YOU think are weighted?
Given the intent is PURCHASE then algo weight should shift towards:
- Category coverage and depth (not generally in isolation – but more for the fact that this impacts user interaction)
- Product quantity (not generally in isolation – but more for the fact that this impacts user interaction)
- Brand trust and third party signals
- User interaction (TOS/Session, Page Depth – Multi-stage interactions by EVENT or URL)
- Pogo Assessment (Quantitative over time)
- Pattern of Behaviour O/T
- Supportive “BRAND” level searches
- Visitor Loyalty
- Product pricing & general availability
- Third party links at product level and mention context
What else do you think matters?