And by followers, we mean real followers.The kind of followers that might actually take a real interest in your brand and potentially invest in your product or service.
Getting more Instagram followers
If you want to send your number of Instagram followers off the chart, then take into account the following tips that we’ve compiled here at Assertive.
After all, 2019 is a year to think BIG.
Big following= more conversions= more business success.
A win-win situation.
Here’s how to get more followers on Instagram…
Get creative with photos.
Instagram is all about visual photographs. Making photos unique and that tie into your business is a great way to turn heads.
If you’re lucky enough to have an advanced camera in your mitts, great. But smartphones nowadays can offer a suitable way to snap photos of your day.
Ideas for photos: Behind the scenes, local scenes, unusual sights, the list is endless. You don’t need to be too precious, just get snapping!
Seeing responses to your photos as you upload them is a great way to discover what does and doesn’t work.
Appeal to 18-29 year olds.
The most common users of Instagram are between the ages of 18 to 29. Make sure your posts appeal to this age group.
How? Get into popular conversations and make the captions to your photos interesting. Informative and creative posts tend to do well.
Make your hashtags count.
There is no point in creating a hashtag, like #Assertivemarketing (for example) and simply including it on your Instagram posts. The hashtag needs to be used as part of your entire marketing strategy.
If you’ve created a hashtag, make sure that it is used on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin, as well as printed advertisements like leaflets and banners.That way, the hashtag will become a conversation in itself.
Combine your invented hashtag with popular hashtags too for optimum exposure. Some of the most popular hashtags include: #Instagood, #Love and #Follow.
When inventing your hashtag, try to be as creative as possible! Boring hashtags don’t go down well. It may help to get your heads together within your company team to create hashtags.
Likewise to local SEO, there is scope to appeal to more local Instagram users.
Find out what is trending in your local area and tailor your posts to suit a localised group.
There are facts to suggest that Instagram is the most important social media platform out there, and that it has become even more popular than Facebook, so investing time in your Instagram strategy is key.
According to Pastbook, there are more than 4.2 billion instagram users each day and 32% of internet users are on Instagram.
So, as you can see, if you’re not on instagram yet, you should be.
If you do not have an instagram account yet, here’s how to set one up:
Setting up an Instagram account
- Download the Instagram app from the app store on your iphone or Googleplay from Android.
- Open the app once it is downloaded.
- If you are on the Android version, sign up with your phone number or email. If you’re on an iphone, create a new account. Enter your number and email. Then press “yes”.
- Connect your new Instagram account to your Facebook page. An instagram account will automatically be a personal profile, however, by linking the account with a business Facebook page, it will become a business account. To do this, click the “settings” button in the top right corner of the page. Scroll down and click “switch to business profile”. The app will then take you to Facebook. Click “choose a page”, set the page to “public” and then click “ok”. Instagram will ask for access to your business pages. Select the business page you want to connect with Instagram. If you haven’t got a business account already, you will have the chance to set one up.
- Finish adding your credentials. Enter your business phone, email or address.
- Edit your Instagram profile, adding a short bio is advantageous, along with an image consumers can associate with your brand.
- Invite contacts to follow your Instagram page.
- Add photos to your account.
- Adding stories is a great way of connecting with consumers and providing insight into your brand.
Social media strategy from Assertive
As experts in digital marketing, Assertive can help you with setting up Instagram and gaining more followers. Contact us today to see how we can help your business with our social media services.